Have you noticed that when striving to follow God and waiting on His direction, you typically estimate one of two or three different outcomes to be just around the bend…yet God typically provides answers for us that are different than anything we anticipated.
The UK visa attorney reviewed our appeal last night and recommends we make a new application for the missionary visa instead of submitting an appeal. We didn’t know this can be done! It means we’ll have to pay again to file, but the idea is to avoid what can be 8 months of waiting for an appeal to be processed. To say the least, we can see we avoided an absolute landmine on Monday when God quietly told us to wait before submitting the appeal. It makes my heart skip a beat to have heard from the experienced visa attorney last night that an appeal can take 8 months. I praise God for answering us when we asked for His direction!
Our primary concern today is learning whether we’ll have to endure the fingerprinting process again – if so, that adds at least a week to our process. We pray our existing fingerprints in the system will qualify for a second visa application. If this is the case, submitting and obtaining results on a new visa application will take only a week. As soon as we get advice from the UK attorney on changes to make (by week’s end), we’ll be ready to send in the new application.
For the sake of sharing all the ups and downs of things, we learned yesterday that Blake cannot begin school on 2 June with the other children. He “should” be able to begin within a week later, I would hope, but at the earliest we’ll arrive back in London on 26 May, during the school’s half term break. The school will be closed and unable to view our approved visas or provide uniforms for Blake – both of which are required before he may attend class.
Please pray our joy and peace remain. We know God is at work and rely on His strength, but the dynamics of our family are struggling as we remain without our own home and familiar routines for more than 4 weeks now. I know God will fulfill His plan to send us back to England, I just don’t understand His time schedule yet!