Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/bluedoo1/public_html/danabyers.com/wp-content/themes/dana/admin/functions.php on line 229
January 6 | Dana Byers

January 6

When I woke up today a reminder on my phone states we were to fly back to London today. I nearly jumped out of my skin! After the moment of panic passed, I was numbed by the reality of the many changes that have come into our lives in the past 2 months.

I still remember crying while running one morning in London as I realized there was a chance we’d not be returning. Though I still have moments of missing our friends and life in London, I cannot stop praising God for the redemptive experience we’ve had of returning to a home, a school and friends for Blake, the prospect of me returning to the workplace (a longing of mine for a few years now), and Blue Door’s projects in Europe continuing to expand!

Looking back (that’s always the clearest view, isn’t it?) we see that being based in the US for now will allow much more stability for our family structure while Chris continues travel to Europe from time to time to check in on and expand our relationships and projects with various churches.

A stipulation of our visa while living in the UK was that we could not seek employment. We are forever grateful to those of you helped provide for our family. We will continue raising funds and need support. However, Dana plans to begin work soon as a means of allowing any funds we raise to go toward Chris’s travel expenses and funding the projects we’re directly involved with.

I’ll update you tomorrow as to the plans in place for Chris’s trip to Europe this month!

No Responses to “January 6”

1. Scott January 6, 2010 at 6:40 pm #

Rejoicing with you in the blessings that God brought to you through a difficult decision.

2. Donna Cole January 6, 2010 at 7:04 pm #

As I read this, I couldn’t help but think about all that God has done-and will continue to do through you both! What came to mind is the many journeys the Apostle Paul made–and the multitude of new churches grown as he fulfilled his calling. I am confident, like him, that He who began this good work in you and Blue Door will continue to prosper to the glory of God!

3. taylor January 6, 2010 at 7:20 pm #

praying blessings on your family & your work overseas during this transition!

4. Anthony Poppe January 6, 2010 at 8:27 pm #

Praying for you Chris and Dana. Thank the Lord for your ministry and that you are able to serve in the way you do.

5. Johnny Laird January 6, 2010 at 9:12 pm #

Just loving watching and sharing in your journey…in his dust.

J

6. Kate January 7, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

Sometimes I think it is more difficult to hear God say “stay” than “go”. Your obedience is an encouragment to me. Love you guys…

7. Dana January 7, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

Thanks so much everyone. Our peace remains despite all the changes.

Kate – you’re absolutely right. ;)

Love you all, brothers and sisters…

dlb