Grit is good. Last February following an ice storm my SUV was stuck at the bottom of our driveway. We’d put salt-grit on the driveway over the previous 3 months of snowfall but that day, for some reason, I was stuck.
Maybe you’re stuck right now. You’re doing something (raising kids, running a large firm, losing weight) that’s gone well for some time. But you don’t find it so easy at the moment.
No more spinning your tires. Get some grit.
“How can I start moving forward again?” you ask.
- If you’re being literal, go to central London. Salt-grit is stored in yellow containers along the street and spread out to allow pedestrians to walk safely.
- Ask a friend to answer these questions for you.
- Consider where you were this time last year. What’s changed? Did you make a decision and get off course? Did someone else change?
- Try Metamucil (at your own risk).
- Pray: Lord, I’m stuck. Help me get moving again.