Are you out of energy? Recognize that sometimes sitting still restores energy, and yet sometimes getting annoying tasks out of the way can multiply energy, too.
Recently I noticed my energy was crashing around 3pm and seriously considered having a cup of coffee. I love coffee, but I had to admit it wasn’t a good idea at that time of day. So I took a moment and wrote out a list of things that – when I do them – give me energy. Doing any of these things opens up the rest of my day to more goodness. I’m encouraged to have done any of these list items because I know I’m stewarding time well and creating more space in my life for what I most want to do. Each of these ideas requires creativity, brings me joy, or saves me time in the long run – that’s probably why I chose them and value doing them regularly.
If having more time and energy for what you love is of interest to you, try some of these to see if you don’t wind up feeling refreshed and energized, too! (The links will give you specific ideas on how to get the items done in minimal time, productively.)
- Use the food in the fridge & pantry to create a fun meal before you buy more.
- Identify outgrown kids’ clothes to donate.
- Create a bi weekly grocery list to cut back on time & money invested in this part of your life.
- Give yourself a block of time to read.
- Don’t read your work email on your days off.
- Do laundry once & don’t let it linger. Put it away. Be done with it.
- Volunteer to help others.
- Go for a walk.
- Make something.
- Give someone you love an extra-long hug.
- Call a loved one just to chat.
- Look at next week’s calendar to avoid surprises then put it out of your mind to enjoy the present moment.
- Prepare some simple weekday lunches on Sunday night.
- Take time to remember your “why” and focus on those people and causes.