Our family leaves for Guatemala Saturday, and we would appreciate your prayers. To put it simply, this trip is among my “what matters most” for 2013.
- Safe travel for all of the bloggers
- Unified group (I have a hunch we’ll be making some great friends in the short amount of time we’ll be gone.)
- That we would honor the La Limonada community by the time we spend together and the blog posts you will see come out of our shared experiences.
- For all of the La Limonada children to be sponsored next week (see their precious faces by clicking on the banner to the right.)
- For health for us all (no food allergy reactions, migraines, or digestive issues)
- That God’s favor and protection would surround our team
- For each of us to become more like Jesus, changed by our time spent in the La Limonada community
This journey began in 1995, when I first knew I wanted to adopt a child. It continues as Chris and I seek opportunities to expand our kids’ global perspectives and dive into the awkwardness of spiritual and financial poverty with them. I truly pray the blog posts from this trip compel action resulting in all of the La Limonada children being sponsored, but I know even more can happen. I hope my desire for each of the La Limonada children to live in safety, have meals every day, receive an education, find employment, and live in a healthy community is something that grows even more deeply in my heart and is transplanted into the hearts of my children.
Oh, poo. Am I supposed to be happy crying about this trip before we even board the plane?